It’s less than eight weeks until Christmas! In that timeframe, there are many plates of food to be shared, many carols to be heard and many gifts to be bought.
I’ve compiled a list of bookish ideas for the literary lover in your life. Because if you’re not unwrapping a fresh page-turner, the next best thing is a literary tea or print, yes?
- There are many, many bookish things I love from BookGeek, an online store based in Queensland. Their mugs, with black font and a pastel colour-wash are gorgeous, as is their ampersand necklace. The print with the words – I read past my bedtime – is definitely one for Mr 9!
- Zazzle is another online store with literary goods. The magnets and pins have witty sayings and would be a great stocking filler. There’s even a pair of Jane Austen leggings! And if you are a grammarian who is currently dating, there’s the perfect mug – It’s not you, it’s your grammar.
- If you’re in a bookclub and if you serve wine at your gatherings, these literary wine glass charms would be perfect!
- C. S. Lewis famously stated that, ‘You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.’ The Literary Tea Co. has created a set of literary teas named after the likes of Charlotte Bronte, Sylvia Plath and Agatha Christie. This is definitely going on my wishlist!
- Paddywax create beautiful candles and have a literary range, including a travel tin. Imagine capturing the scent of a Louisa May Alcott book in a candle!
- Your Harry Potter fan would adore these bookends, featuring the 9 and 3/4 platform sign on one side and the deathly hallows symbol on the other.
- A notebook is always useful, and these ones from Booktopia are useful and gorgeous. The ‘lines’ are actually the text in a tiny font from a classic book, such as Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz or The picture of Dorian Gray. I do have the Anne of Green Gables one and love it!
- You can never have enough tote bags, especially when your twelve-year-old daughter borrows them! There’s a great range here at Nook and Burrow.
- Even when you’d prefer to be lost in a book, there are always dishes to be done. This literary tea towel might brighten up the job!
- You might need some literary matches to light up your literary candle – these ones are lovely!
Let me know which literary gift appeals to you. Happy shopping!