January is such a lovely time for dreaming and planning the year ahead but February (even halfway through!) is much better for putting in action all that dreaming.
Here’s all my dreaming/planning for 2022:
- teaching Stewardship – a customised ten-month program for writers, offering support, mentorship and writing craft. We had our first online meeting this week, and I am so excited to be working with these talented writers on their books.
- editing my middle-grade book to be published by Allen & Unwin in June 2023. I’m expecting the structural edit in a couple of months, and then the copy-edit a little later. I don’t know what I don’t know – so to have an editor work with me to improve my book after working on it by myself is such a blessing!
- tutoring a couple of Yr 11 and Yr 12 students in English. I’m always impressed by how insightful older teens are about the texts they’re studying.
- continuing with my freelance editing projects, always a wonderful mix of books. So far this year, I’ve worked on an adult novel and a non-fiction business book – both such interesting projects.
- writing my third book, another young adult book – I’m hoping to write a decent chunk of this in the next month, and do a little research around the edges, before all the other ‘things’ start to intensify.
Isn’t that a wonderful creative bookish year ahead?