19 May 2017 | Uncategorised
Here’s how words have been swirling around me this last week or so.
- I’ve updated my literary resume in preparation for the KidLit Conference tomorrow at the State Library. (It’s so much harder to write about myself than my characters!) I’m looking forward to meeting other writers, listening to some panel discussions and I’m especially looking forward to my meeting with Elise Jones, Allen and Unwin editor. Wish me luck!
- I’ve been back and forth to our local library, returning some adult titles and borrowing some children’s books.
- I presented a second Dreamtime story workshop to a couple of grade four classes last week. I love offering this workshop – the kids are engaged and their stories are so visual and imaginative. I’m looking forward to reading the finished stories.
- I’ve booked into American author Kate DiCamillo’s workshop at The Little Bookroom – her writing has so much heart. I can’t wait to meet her. I’ve been reading and rereading some of her books like The tale of Despereaux and Because of Winn-Dixie.
- My manuscript is coming along with a few new scenes – thank goodness says Renee, my writing partner, who is tired of rereading the same old scenes each week!
- I’ve discovered Michael Hyatt’s This is your life podcast – his words accompany me in the car, at the ironing board, in the kitchen, reminding me to stay focused and stay positive!
- Mr 7’s words seem to only contain information about the Marvel superhero discs you can collect at the supermarket at the moment – can anyone else identify with this?
Have a lovely weekend – hope you have an interesting book to read and someone to share it with!