Ten reasons to ‘Love your bookshop’
I so appreciate that ‘Love your bookshop’ day – Saturday 10th August – happens around the same time as my birthday! I’ve been banned by my family from buying any books but as long as they are supporting our local bookshop, I don’t mind at all.
After all, I support our local bookshop throughout the whole year, not just on one particular day!
Here are ten reasons why you should find time tomorrow to mosey into your favourite bookshop:
- buy yourself a treat – readers deserve treats!
- learn about a new topic with a non-fiction book
- spice up your cooking with a new cookbook
- become the favourite person for your child/grandchild/niece/nephew and buy them a book
- give yourself a wonderful reason to stay in, get cosy and hunker down on a winter’s evening with a glass of red or cup of tea and read
- flick through a beautiful coffee-table book with glossy photos
- make a head start on your Christmas shopping – think how good you’ll feel!
- buy two or three copies of a juicy novel and give them to your friends – so you can discuss over a coffee
- support a favourite author – they usually receive only ten percent of the sale price of their book
- have a chat with the passionate bookshop staff who love reading and love discussing all things literary with customers
Have I convinced you? Please report back!