Listening – one of the five senses. I spend so much time with the written word – reading for myself, writing and reading my own work, reading to my kids. I find it really useful to rest my eyes and take in stories via television and conversations. This week, I have been listening to a range of conversations, podcasts, television shows and songs.
- From Mr 7 – ‘Did Dad think you were hot when he met you?’ (My answer – of course!)
- In the cafe from the woman at the next table – ‘she was a low-cut sort of woman.’ (What an awesome phrase!)
- Todd Henry, The accidental creative – Todd is an American non-fiction writer who interviews many creative people. I’ve been enjoying his discussions about topics such as why we get in our own way, how to lead a creative team and telling stories.
- Michael Hyatt, This is your life – Michael focuses on platform-building, leadership at work, being your best self and the creative process.
- Mr 13 was recently in his school production of The Lion King – he was a lioness! There is nothing like a group of 10-14 year-old boys singing Circle of life to raise your spirits!
- House of cards – season 5 – my husband and I have been watching a few episodes since it came on netflix last week – so good. I still don’t know how such conniving characters can be so likeable. Frank and Claire Underwood are hellbent on securing their political position – do we watch them in the hope that they fail or succeed?
- The Wizard of Oz – Miss 10 is in her school performance as a munchkin in a few months so we needed a refresh of this story. It’s always interesting to watch such a classic film and analyse the different turning points and themes in the story.
- Mr 13 has a French oral poem to recite and Miss 10 had a speech on elephants – I am now knowledgeable about both French flowers and elephants!
And what have you been listening to this week? Any great podcasts or interesting conversations to share?